19 August 2007

Everyone says I should write about my travels

I have finally broken down and created that most loathesome of adventure travel outgrowths--a travel blog. Everyone has one, I don't feel like I have much to add to the heap, and yet I have for too long lumbered under the strain of persistent pleadings. So here it is: my travel blog. I don't have a good reason for calling it My Smooth World except that the name was available, and I think it sounds cool. Sexy, even. My world goes down smooth, baby. Anyway, I plan to write only brief entries so as to forestall tedium (in myself and my readers).

For those who don't know exactly what I am up to, allow me to provide a précis. I left graduate school in 2006 with M.A. in hand to teach English in Japan for one year. I concluded that at the beginning of August and promptly headed to Peru. I'll be in South America until the end of October, at which point I have to return to New York for a wedding. Shortly thereafter, I'm off to Beijing and the beginning of an eight or so month odyssey across Asia to Istanbul. Then I will slink back to graduate school and, someday, finish my Ph.D., get a job, have babies, etc.

Thank you very much for your interest in my life. I hope you enjoy reading about it.