14 March 2008

Who wants to be my homecoming date?

It keeps raining here! It's not supposed to be doing that!

So, yesterday I also did very little. Last night, I had pizza for dinner. At the restaurant, I met some nice Austrians, and I've been hanging around with them a little. Tonight, we're going to go drink beer on the beach.

Today, I did very little. I finally got around to seeing the colonial architecture of Pondicherry and realized that, while it's pretty, I don't give a f*ck about colonial architecture. Especially when most of it's being restored into boutique hotels, where rich whites can safely intoxicate themselves away from prying eyes.

Mostly, I just want to keep drinking lattes.

There are SO many French people here. I feel very unsophisticated. The way they speak, they sound so nuanced. When the American opens his mouth, only harsh tones come out.

OK, since I can't fit anymore scalps from conquered enemies into my backpack, I am planning my triumphant return home. The cheapest flights I can find depart from London and Madrid, on or around July 30th or August 6th. So I have to pick a city and a date. If any of you, dear readers, are going to be in either place around either of those dates, let me know, and I may be able to meet you. Getting up to London may be some trouble, since I should be in Spain, but if I manage to find a free place to stay for a few days, I'd be happy to visit blighty again. I never did get to see the new Tate. Contact me ASAP!

Tomorrow, Auroville for sure.

No comments: